In our last installment on VarCity’s ideal way to hydrate, we give you a suggested daily water drinking schedule. If you missed our earlier hydration related posts, make sure you read the Benefits of Drinking Water and Part 1 of Water: How to Drink for Optimal Hydration.
Daily Water Target
• Wake up: Immediately drink two warm glasses of water (this will help your body get rid of the previous day’s toxins)
• Breakfast: Sip (don’t chug!) water with breakfast as needed
• Between breakfast and lunch: Sip at least 1 glass of water
• 30-45 minutes before lunch: Sip 1 glass of water over 15 minutes
• Lunch: Sip water with lunch as needed
• Between lunch and dinner: Drink at least 1 glass of water
• 30-45 minutes before dinner: Sip 1 glass of water over 15 minutes
• Dinner: Sip water with dinner as needed
• Between dinner and bedtime: Drink the remaining water as needed to hit your daily goal. Drinking faster than you otherwise would is ok (just note that you might wake up in the night to go to the bathroom).
• And note that closer to meals, it’s important to sit down when you drink water. You eat sitting down to focus your body on digesting food. Give your body the same peace when you sip water.